Chapter 3: Land Use
What changes are being considered?
- A comprehensive update of the Existing Land Use Map to reflect recent development and changes in use.
- Amendments to the Future Land Use Map and associated information to accurately depict the Bridge Street District and West Innovation District land use plans.
- Updated discussion of Key Planning Issues to incorporate Bridge Street District market studies.
- Many of the land use objectives and strategies are affected by recently adopted zoning regulations (e.g. the Innovation, Technology Flex, and Bridge Street Districts); revisions may be appropriate to ensure consistency with these districts and to address other potential code updates.
Potential amendments to Special Area Plans include:
- Minor text or graphic updates to reflect new conditions (e.g. Avery Road, Bright Road, Southwest Area).
- More substantive graphic changes based on recent planning and development decisions. For example, the Coffman Park Area Plan will be revised to coordinate with the current Coffman Park Master Plan and to include recent office development. Also, additional work is needed to update land use issues in portions of the U.S. 33 Corridor area that were not included in the Economic Advancement Zone Plan.
- The Historic Dublin and Sawmill/SR 161 Area Plans will be replaced by a new Bridge Street District Area Plan.